MINUTES OF THE PARK BOARD
FOR Sept. 12, 2017
A meeting of the Brazil Park Board was held on Sept. 12, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the Brazil City Hall. The meeting was called to order by President Carrol Evans.
ROLL CALL: President Carrol Evans, Vice President Brian Bemis, and Secretary Janet McClellan
The Pledge to the Flag was led by Carrol Evans
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Zach made a motion to pass minutes from Aug. 15, 2017; seconded by Brian. The motion passed 4-0.
TREASURER REPORT: Will have a treasurer report next meeting
As of Aug. 2017:
Ending Balance- $98,751.12
Total Expenses- $19,696.42
As of July. 2017:
Ending Balance- $119,235.36
Total Expenses- $20,734.58
PARK SUPERINTENDENT REPORT: Marv Moon presented the report.
Report as follows:
- Removed multiple hanging limbs that posed a threat to public safety at Forest Park.
- Restroom floors have been painted at Craig Park.
- New light bulbs have been installed in the women’s room of the comfort station.
- Camping area at Craig Park was trimmed and walking paths inspected.
See Attached for the remaindered of items.
Eddie Treadway from Christmas in the Park had 3 things for the Park Board he would like to discuss. First, Eddie presented the Park Board with a Duke Energy bill for $205.72 for 4 days of electricity. The 4 pop machines are a problem. Next year can you put the machines somewhere else? Park Board agreed to move the machines. Zach made a motion to cover the electrical bill for $205.72 and pay the rest of the electrical bills from Duke Energy to the end of the year. Janet second. Vote 4-0 in favor of the motion. Second, Will it be ok if the Christmas in the Park moves the Strawberry Fest to the Pavilion at Forest Park. All members liked that idea and said he would just need to reserve the Pavilion. Third, He asked about the 5K in Dec. The Park Board does not approve them. Need to talk to Clint McQueen, the Police Chief. Georgia Day said the divider for the pickle ball is coming down. Kids keep jumping on the net. She didn’t know if Marv can install another net higher so they can’t jump on the net. Brian is getting with Marv about the net. Zach wants to hold a pickle ball tournament (round robin tournament). Georgia Day will get with Terre Haute to see how they held there round robin tournament and report back to the board. Frank Phillips said that fishing fun day was very nice and it was great to see the kids.
- Haunted Hollars- Janet present the board with spreadsheets that outlined the plans. Pepsi is donating trailer and pop. The bouncy houses are reserved. Members of Brazil Main Street and Brazil Concert Band will be involved. Jake Bennett, Fire Chief, said the fireman will help with the games. Menu is planned. Just have to purchase the products. Games plan with some prizes. Need little prizes for a couple of the games. Carrol is working on the prizes and the bracelets for the bouncy houses.
- Survey Results- Janet issued a survey at the last band concert in Aug. Janet presented the results to the board. The Park Board will look them over and discuss next year.
- Fishing Fun Day- Janet present the board with a spreadsheet with all of the notes from last year and ideas for next year. Also the attendance tracker was presented for each age group. Total of 74 kids attended fishing fun day. Next year, DNR might be involved next year.
Carrol has been in contact Billie Hiatt from Staunton about a holly arboretum in Terre Haute. Terre Haute is on the registry list. Bill said he could help by donating some holly trees. Carrol would like to place an arboretum in Craig Park. Janet asked to move next’s month meeting to Oct. 17 at 6pm. The Park Board approved.
ADJOURNMENT: Janet made a motion to adjourn meeting, seconded by Zach. Motion passed 4-0. Meeting adjourned at 7:22 p.m.
Janet McClellan Date
Park Board Secretary