— none currently available
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the City to recruit, hire, advance, and compensate without regard to the race, religion,color,sex,age, marital status,sexual orientation, familial status, national origin, ancestry, handicaps, disabilities, or disadvantages unrelated to job requirements in order to assure every applicant the opportunity for gainful employment with the City based on his/her own merits.
Pursuant to the American with Disabilities Act, 42 U.S.C. §12132 the City of Brazil, Indiana shall maintain all sidewalks and walkways to the standards established by the said act.
- The City Street Department shall perform bi-annual inspections of walkways within the corporate limits of the City of Brazil, Indiana
- If the walkway is deemed to be in need of repairs by the City of Brazil, the ADA Coordinator shall notify the individual making the request.
- If the walkway is deemed to be in need of repairs by the City of Brazil and the requesting individual provides documentation of a physical handicap from a physician, the request shall be deemed a first priority.
- The city shall designate an employee, employees, or contractor to make the necessary repairs. The city shall pay all labor and material costs associated with the requested repairs
- If an individual making a request for repairs is denied said request, the individual making the request shall have the right to appeal the decision by city representative to the city. The requesting individual shall request an appeal in writing to the Mayor’s Office (203 East National Avenue; Brazil, Indiana 47834).