MINUTES OF THE COMMON COUNCIL
FOR NOVEMBER 8, 2017
A meeting of the Common Council was held on NOVEMBER 8, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the Brazil City Hall. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Brian Wyndham.
ROLL CALL: Steve Bell, Brad Deal, Roy Kellar, Shane Litz, Angela Modesitt and Mayor Brian Wyndham.
The Pledge to the Flag was led by Mayor Brian Wyndham.
OTHERS PRESENT: City Attorney Traci Orman, Clerk-Treasurer Karen McQueen, Billy Goodrich, Ryan Wallace, Pam Fischer, Phil Reberger, Tom Reberger, Wilma Dean Baker, Frank Phillips, Chris Rodgers, Carroll Evans, Cindy Monds, and Tom Jackson.
PRAYER was said by Roy Kellar.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Brad Deal made a motion to approve the August 30, 2017 and October 4, 2017 minutes, seconded by Shane Litz. Passed 5-0.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS: None
OLD BUSINESS: None
- Resolution #11-2017, Approving the Amendment and Restatement of the PDF Economic Development Area by the Clay County Redevelopment Commission – Both the Plan Commission and the Redevelopment Commission have approved this. Shane Litz made a motion to approve Resolution #11-2017, seconded by Brad Deal. Passed 5-0.
- Ordinance #21-2017 Regarding Check Valve – Billy Goodrich present to explain why Ordinance is needed. Billy explained that this Ordinance is designed to protect the city and the home owner. Roy Kellar made a motion to suspend the rulkes and pass Ordinance #11-2017 on the first reading, seconded by Angie Modesitt. Passed 5-0. Roy Kellar then made a motion to approve Ordinance #11-2017, seconded by Steve Bell. Passed 5-0.
- Request for handicap parking sign at 824 North Walnut, Candy Craddick – After discussion and consideration by council, Roy Kellar made a motion to table request until the next meeting. All council members were in agreement.
- Ryan Wallace Section 90.30 hours of operation for commercial – Ryan Wallace stated that he would like to see this section of the Ordinance amended to say from 4am – 10pm would be operational. Council members were in agreement that Traci Orman the City Attorney would draft up an ordinance to include this verbiage.
- Clarification of Salary (Police, Fire, Employees & Appointees) – Police and Fire Ordinances tiers were set at 1-11 years for Fire and 1-8 years Police for and should read 0-10 years for Fire and 0-7 Years for Police. Also on the Employees & Appointees the BOW members pay was recorded as $5200.00 and should have been recorded at $5,450.00. All changes have been adjusted.
- Park Board – Park Board President Carroll Evans present to discuss with council the fountain at Forest Park donated to us from Brazil South America. The Clay Community Parks Association was also present and presented a short presentation about the Fountain. Both entities explained that they needed $50,000 to repair and restore the Fountain. Carroll Evans explained that she would like to use the City of Brazil’s Parks Department’s Cash Reserves to fund this project. Carroll Evans also explained that she would like to look into grants to help fund this project.
Angie Modesitt updated council on the Humane Society Contract.
Mayor Brian Wyndham emphasized the fact that he was very excited about the restoration of the Forest Park Fountain. He encouraged the City to be a part of this project.
NEXT MEETING DATE:
Next meeting date is scheduled for December 13, 2017 at 5 p.m., however it was decided to change the next Council meeting to December 6, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Steve Bell made a motion to adjourn meeting; seconded by Brad Deal. Passed 5-0. 6:40 p.m.