MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS AND SAFETY
FOR NOVEMBER 25, 2015
A meeting with the Board of Public Works was held on November 25, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. in the Council Chambers of the Brazil City Hall. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Wyndham.
ROLL CALL: Mayor Wyndham, Linda Messmer, Ruthann Jeffries, Clerk-Treasurer Karen McQueen
OTHERS PRESENT: Planning and Zoning Administrator Teresa Glenn, Brazil Times Representative Frank Phillips
PLEDGE: The pledge to the Flag was lead by Mayor Wyndham.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Linda Messmer made a motion to approve November 12, 2015 minutes; seconded by Ruthann Jeffries. The motion passed 3-0.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS: NONE
OLD BUSINESS: NONE
- Community Development Block Grant – Planning Grant- The City of Brazil has been awarded a Planning Grant from the Small Cities and Towns Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program in the amount of $36,000. This Planning Grant, funded through federal dollars, is for the development of a Downtown Revitalization Plan to address future community service needs in the incorporated limits of the City of Brazil. Ratio Architect will be doing the actual work for the Planning Grant. Linda Messmer made a motion to approve Mayor Wyndham as signatory in any future documents related to the Planning Grant. Ruthann Jeffries The motion passed 3-0.
FIRE CHIEF REPORT: Jake Bennett
- The Fire Department has received a $2000.00 grant from Walmart for a Smoke Detector Program.
- There will be a chance to bid on a ride in the Fire Truck for the Christmas Parade at the Festival of Trees celebration this month.
- The Fire Department is looking into a Risk Assessment Program for ISO. Chief Bennett is looking at manpower on all shifts. More on duty firemen means a higher rating on ISO.
- Clerk’s Office – Linda Messmer made a motion to approve. Ruthann Jeffries The motion passed 3-0.
- Utilities’ Office – Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to approve. Linda Messmer The motion passed 3-0.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: NONE
ADJOURNMENT: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Linda Messmer; seconded by Ruthann Jeffries. Meeting adjourned at 10:20 a.m. The motion passed 3-0.