MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS AND SAFETY
FOR AUGUST 26, 2015
A meeting with the Board of Public Works was held on August 26, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. in the Council Chambers of the Brazil City Hall. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Wyndham .
ROLL CALL: Mayor Wyndham, Linda Messmer, Ruthann Jeffries, and Deputy Clerk Melissa Dorsett
OTHERS PRESENT: Wastewater Superintendent Billy Goodrich, Planning and Zoning Administrator Teresa Glenn, Brazil Times Representative Frank Phillips, Roy Kellar, Daniel Rose
PLEDGE: The pledge to the Flag was lead by Mayor Wyndham.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: August 12, 2015, Linda Messmer made a motion to approve. Ruthann Jeffries seconded. The motion passed 3-0.
Mr. Rose said that people are parking on both sides of Meridian Street, which is a one way street. Mayor Wyndham said that he will look at the situation and discuss the need for No Parking signs. Mr. Rose also wanted an update on the house next to him on Meridian Street. Teresa Glenn, Planning and Zoning Administrator, spoke with Mr. Kohr, owner of record. Mr. Kohr stated that his intentions were to fix it up or dismantle the house. Teresa Glenn has not heard from him since they last spoke. Mayor Wyndham said that the City is hoping to have the funding to tear it down this year, but it will have to be approved by the Council.
OLD BUSINESS: NONE
- Approval of Clean-Ups and Mowing (see list) – Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to approve the Clean-Up and Mowing lists for 8/26/15. Linda Messmer The motion passed 3-0.
Mayor Wyndham opened a Public Hearing at 10:12 to discuss properties at 420 E. Darley and 704 S. Depot. Planning and Zoning Administrator Teresa Glenn stated that Unsafe Building notices have been sent to owners of 420 E. Darley and 704 S. Depot. Both properties were Commissioner Deed properties and are unable to be repaired. These properties have been advertised. Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to affirm 420 E. Darley and 704 S. Depot as Unsafe Buildings. Linda Messmer seconded. The motion passed 3-0.
The Public Hearing was closed at 10:14.
- Terry Hayes – 420 E. Blaine –request for waiver of sewer and trash fees – Mayor Wyndham stated that Mr. Hayes wants to have his sewer and trash fees waived while he is working on a house at 420 E. Blaine. Hayes was not present at the meeting.
- Clerk’s Office – Linda Messmer made a motion to approve. Ruthann Jeffries The motion passed 3-0.
- Utilities’ Office – Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to approve. Linda Messmer The motion passed 3-0.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
- Ruthann Jeffries wanted an update on a house on Jackson Street. The house has been torn down, but the basement is not filled in yet. Teresa Glenn stated that the owner recently paid a lien.
ADJOURNMENT: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Ruthann Jeffries; seconded by Linda Messmer. Meeting adjourned at10:18 a.m. The motion passed 3-0.