MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS AND SAFETY
FOR JUNE 24, 2015
A meeting with the Board of Public Works was held on June 24, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. in the Council Chambers of the Brazil City Hall. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Wyndham.
ROLL CALL: Mayor Wyndham, Ruthann Jeffries, Linda Messmer, City Attorney Traci Orman and Clerk-Treasurer Karen McQueen
OTHERS PRESENT: Planning and Zoning Administrator Teresa Glenn, Police Chief Clint McQueen, Fire Chief Jake Bennett
PLEDGE: The pledge to the Flag was lead by Mayor Wyndham.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
June 10, 2015, Linda Messmer made a motion to approve. Ruthan Jeffries seconded. The motion passed 3-0.
OLD BUSINESS: NONE
- Approval for Clean-Ups and Mowing – Linda Messmer made a motion to approve the Clean-Up and Mowing list for June 24, 2015. Ruthann Jeffries The motion passed 3-0.
- Approve Flood Buyout Invoices –
Phase I Final – Jerrell Consulting – $3,000.00
Phase II Final – Jerrell Consulting – $10,150.00
Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to approve invoices from Jerrell Consuting for the Phase I and Phase II final payment. Linda Messmer seconded. The motion passed 3-0.
- INDOT Project Coordination Contract – Linda Messmer made a motion to approve the following contracts: #A249-15-L150146, #A249-15-L150145, #A249-15-L150144 and to designate Mayor Wyndham as the signatory on any future documents. Ruthann Jeffries The motion passed 3-0.
POLICE CHIEF REPORT: Chief Clint McQueen
–The Brazil City Police Department responded to 618 incidents in May. The highest amount of calls received were animal complaints, suspicious activities and domestic disputes.
- Clerk’s Office – Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to approve. Linda Messmer The motion passed 3-0.
- Utilities’ Office – Linda Messmer made a motion to approve. Ruthann Jeffries The motion passed 3-0.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: NONE
ADJOURNMENT: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Ruthann Jeffries; seconded by Linda Messmer. Meeting adjourned at10:28 a.m. The motion passed 3-0.