MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS AND SAFETY
FOR JUNE 10, 2015
A meeting with the Board of Public Works was held on June 10, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. in the Council Chambers of the Brazil City Hall. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Wyndham.
ROLL CALL: Mayor Wyndham, Ruthann Jeffries, Linda Messmer, City Attorney Traci Orman and Deputy Clerk Melissa Dorsett
OTHERS PRESENT: Planning and Zoning Administrator Teresa Glenn, Fire Chief Jake Bennett, Police Chief Clint McQueen, Water Superintendent Shawnette Szekely, Assistant Water Supervisor Katrina Raubuch, Council Member Carrol Evans, Brazil Times Representative Ernest Rollins, Daniel Rose, Jerry Lancaster
PLEDGE: The pledge to the Flag was lead by Mayor Wyndham.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
May 27, 2015, Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to approve. Linda Messmer seconded. The motion passed 3-0.
May 29, 2015, Linda Messmer made a motion to approve. Ruthann Jeffries seconded. The motion passed 3-0.
June 3, 2015, Linda Messmer made a motion to approve. Ruthan Jeffries seconded. The motion passed 3-0.
OLD BUSINESS: NONE
- Approval for Clean-Ups and Mowing – Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to approve the Clean-Up list for June 10, 2015. Linda Messmer The motion passed 3-0. Linda Messmer made a motion to approve the Mowing List for June 10, 2015, as needed. Ruthann Jeffries seconded. The motion passed 3-0.
- Approve Flood Buyout Phase II Invoice – Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to approve the FEMA/IHCDA –Flood Buyout Phase II invoice from Cox, Zwerner, Gambill and Sullivan in the amount of $19825.75. The invoice covers services from 12/27/2013 to 6/3/2015. Linda Messmer The motion passed 3-0.
- Approve Midwest Engineers Invoice – Fire Station Feasibility – Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to approve an invoice from Midwestern Engineers for services rendered 3/22/15 to 5/23/15 on the Fire Station Feasibility Study in the amount of $6000. Linda Messmer The motion passed 3-0.
- Approve Paving Contract – Linda Messmer made a motion to approve the 2015 Street Paving Contract between the City of Brazil and Dave O’Mara and to authorize Mayor Wyndham as executor to sign future agreements. Ruthann Jeffries The motion passed 3-0.
- Water Treatment-Well Head Protection Program Update – Water Superintendent Shawnette Szekely and Water Assistant Katrina Raubuch gave an update on the Well Head Protection Program. The Program has been in place since the late 90’s and ensures the protection of safe water to customers. Katrina Raubuch is also planning to work with Clay Community Schools this year to promote clean water education.
MAYOR COMMENTS: Mayor Wyndham publicly thanked Police Chief Clint McQueen and Fire Chief Jake Bennett for helping with the traffic flow on June 9 after I-70 was shut down. He also thanked the Clay County Sheriff’s Department for assisting.
AUDIENCE COMMENTS: Mr. Daniel Rose wanted an update on the Meridian house. Teresa Glenn, Planning and Zoning Administrator, hasn’t had contact with the owner in three weeks. The owner had previously indicated that she was in discussion with a potential buyer. Teresa Glenn will contact the owner next week to discuss the house.
- Clerk’s Office – Linda Messmer made a motion to approve. Ruthann Jeffries The motion passed 3-0.
- Utilities’ Office – Ruthann Jeffries made a motion to approve. Linda Messmer The motion passed 3-0.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: NONE
ADJOURNMENT: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Linda Messmer; seconded by Ruthann Jeffries. Meeting adjourned at10:42 a.m. The motion passed 3-0.