MINUTES OF THE COMMON COUNCIL
FOR JUNE 8, 2016
A meeting of the Common Council was held on June 8, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the Brazil City Hall. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Brian Wyndham.
ROLL CALL: Mayor Brian Wyndham, Steve Bell, Brad Deal, Roy Kellar, Shane Litz, Angela Modesitt.
The Pledge to the Flag was lead by Mayor Wyndham
PRAYER was said by Roy Kellar
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: May 11, 2016 Steve Bell made a motion to approve; seconded by Brad Deal. The motion passed 5-0.
Marshall Singleton of 304 N. Hoosier St. was at the May Council meeting and reported that mowing is being done in his neighborhood, but presented pictures of trash at the curb and street, and unknown and non plated vehicles at 419 N. Hoosier St.
Kellie Upperman of 214 E. Collins was present about a property at 215 E. Collins and 225 E. Collins. Ms. Upperman reported bad conditions and unsafe neighbors.
There have been complaints of businesses being run out of homes. Mayor Wyndham stated that this has been an issue for many years, and that home based businesses are allowed. Mayor will discuss this issue and options with City Attorney Traci Orman.
OLD BUSINESS: NONE
- CF-1 – IVC Coating
- CF-1 – Morris Manufacturing
- CF-1 – Timberland
Mayor Wyndham shared the compliance statements from IVC Coating, Morris Manufacturing and Timberland regarding where the companies are after the abatements. The reports show that all three companies are at, or are exceeding abatement requirements. Brad Deal made a motion to approve reports from IVC Coating, Morris Manufacturing and Timberland; seconded by Roy Kellar. The motion passed 5-0.
- Roy Kellar -Clover Signs did a great job on Jackson Street.
- Steve Bell – with regard to the issue of damage and vandalism at Old Hill Cemetery (brought to our attention by Janet Trout), I am in discussion with an official with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources about assisting the city in tackling the problem.
- Planning and Zoning Administrator Teresa Glenn asked the Council to consider adjusting fees for the Northview School Project. Fees would be $18,000.
MAYOR COMMENTS: Mayor Wyndham
- Reported on the progress of paving in the southwest area of the City.
- Stated that the tall grass letters seem to be effective.
Brad Deal made a motion to adjourn meeting, seconded by Angie Modesitt. Motion passed 5-0. Meeting adjourned at 5:28 p.m.