MINUTES OF THE COMMON COUNCIL
FOR JUNE 12, 2015
A meeting of the Common Council was held on June 12, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the Brazil City Hall. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Brian Wyndham.
ROLL CALL: Mayor Brian Wyndham, Ann Bradshaw, Carrol Evans, Michelle Harden-Price, Tyler Hutcheson. Brad Deal was absent. Also in attendance: Traci Orman, City Attorney and Karen McQueen, Clerk-Treasurer.
The Pledge to the Flag was lead by Mayor Wyndham
PRAYER was said by Michelle Harden-Price
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- Ordinance 3-2015 – Annexation Ordinance (second reading) – Ann Bradshaw made a motion to pass Ordinance 3-2015, an Ordinance Annexing Contiguous Territory, commonly known as 8229 N. Murphy Road, Brazil. Carrol Evans The motion passed 4-0.
- CF-1 (Real 8-2007, Real 2008-1/6-2011, Personal 15-2009)
IVC has met the requirements or has exceeded what they said on employees, according to documents provided to Council. Ann Bradshaw made a motion to approve Property Tax Abatements with IVC. Tyler Hutcheson seconded. The motion passed 4-0.
- Morris Manufacturing (Real 2008-6, Real 2010-8, Real 2013-4, Personal 2009-12, Personal 2010-7, Personal 2011-1, Personal 2011-10, Personal 2012-10, Personal 2013-5)
Morris Manufacturing has met all requirements and goals. Tyler Hutcheson made a motion to approve Property Tax Abatements with Morris Manufacturing. Ann Bradshaw seconded. The motion passed 4-0.
- Britt (Personal 2011-19, Personal 2014-7)
Britt has met all requirements or has exceeded what they said on employees. Tyler Hutcheson made a motion to approve Property Tax Abatements with Britt. Ann Bradshaw seconded. The motion passed 4-0.
- Teresa Glenn- Nuisance Ordinances – Planning and Zoning Administrator, Teresa Glenn presented information on amending the City’s Code section (chapter 94) regarding Public Nuisances.
Michelle Harden-Price will be resigning from the Council due to a move.
Ann Bradshaw is requesting handicap sign to be placed on N. Walnut Street.
Carrol Evans would like to see a Comprehensive Plan put together.
Michelle Harden-Price made a motion to adjourn meeting, seconded by Ann Bradshaw. Motion passed 4-0. Meeting adjourned at 6:30 p.m.